A photograph...

by - 10:44

I had the evening to all to myself. This meant wine, reading, relaxing.

I decided to read the Big Issue mag I had bought a while ago. I read interesting pieces on the history of our country, poetry, debates and then I turned the page...


A double page spread featuring a photo of a man on a train, with his eyes closed and hand raised in worship. Already I know that God had something to say to me. I read the article and the Holy Spirit stirred my heart to pray. A prayer for people who have been in my life for over a year whom I have not yet prayed for. A prayer for the people in my city who have so little, but who still have a smile on their faces. A prayer of thanks for the fact that He met me on an uneventful day, in a quiet space and prompted me to pray a prayer that is big and challenging. He found me, and tugged on my heart until I couldn't ignore it, while I was reading a secular magazine and drinking wine. He gave me the precious honour of praying & interceding for His loved ones. I have no idea where the words came from. Each prayer specific to a certain person. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit knows what I need to pray for. That he interrupted me so beautifully and stirred me to pray, to take action even while sitting still. I love that I can be a prayer warrior. That even while the tears are streaming and I feel so weak - He is strong.  It reminded me, once again, of just how much He loves us.

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

- Ephesians 3:14-21 (NIV)

You May Also Like

0 comments