First Things First

by - 03:08

I think this must be the best way to deal with a Monday. And every other day as well, in that case.
A cup of coffee, the fresh morning air, birds chirping, this view and spending some time with God.
I was initially tempted to stay in bed a bit longer, but this was so much better. Prioritising the most important thing helps give me perspective. First things first.

I am currently reading Joseph Price's book, "Unmerited Favor" and wanted to share some excerpts with you.

"Our Savior is altogether lovely. He is never early, never late. He is always at the right place at the right time. He is always in perfect peace and there is no sense of hurry about Him. When it was time to be tender, He was infinitely gentle. When it was time to overturn the tables of the money changers, he did it with passion. He was never frazzled by the Pharisees' attempts to trip Him up and He was always flowing with divine wisdom. He is steel and velvet, meekness and majesty, perfect manhood and deity. This is Jesus, and you are in Him!"

And another excerpt that spoke to me very directly this morning:

"If you are caught in a situation and you don't know what to do, it is time to humble yourself and ask the Lord for wisdom. The Bible says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." To ask the Lord for wisdom is to say, "I can't, Lord, but You can. I give up on my own efforts and depend entirely upon your umerited favor and wisdom." As you receive His wisdom, riches and honor, as well and long life will follow after you. Run to Him right now!"

Wow. Light bulb moment. All of this seems so simple when we talk about it or encourage others, but when God plants this in your heart and gives you a revelation of what this means, that is something spectacular.

I have to ask this of God daily, but I hope I never stop.


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow Candice, I have just been writing a post where your excerpt about wisdom comes up. Divine affirmation. x

    ReplyDelete